There is no place that should be more romantic than your bedroom! You need to put in a bit of effort to make it that way. We weren’t all born Romeo and Juliet after all.
Interior decorators love to turn bedrooms into romantic hideaways. Their designs are meant to stimulate your senses… mostly visual… but you can also stimulate with scent and sound. The color and design choices often invoke a sense of relaxation and peace.
Even if you don’t think that you have a knack for interior design you can still use these tips for romantic bedrooms ideas:
- Paint! The power of paint is magical. Get rid of those plain white walls and spend a day giving your room a makeover with paint. Choose warm colors… tans, warm leaf green or golds… are great color choices for walls. Even a soft, deep burgundy will work wonders towards creating a romantic space. Stay away from blue, purple or yellow. They make your skin look terrible… and you might be showing some skin in this room!
- Get a light dimmer switch for those harsh lights. Even if your not in the mood for romance… soft lighting is relaxing to all the senses. When the lights are low you’ll feel sexier and more relaxed. I’m just saying….
- Surround your bed in comfort. If you’re using the same dull comforter you’ve been using since college, it’s time for an upgrade. Splurge a little and buy one that is made of top of the line luxurious fabrics. Since you’ll want to spend so much time in your bedroom you’ll want feel a bit spoiled. Great bedding needn’t be expensive… you can find some great designer style bedding at close out stores or on clearance.
- Romantic bedrooms call for some soft music. Keep a CD player or MP3 player with speakers nearby. That way you can play the tunes that helped you fall in love. Music has a deep psychological impact that can really get the mood going and keep it elevated. Turn of the T.V and cuddle!
- Light some candles. Make sure that the scent will not overwhelm you. Instead, keep the candles soft and subtle. Be safe and use candles in glass containers and don’t leave the room with one lit. Also… keep the candles away from the bedding. Candle light is not only romantic… but everyone looks better in candlelight.
- Lingerie! Having sexy, sensual nightwear may not be a decorating choice, but it can decorate your body in a way that will drive your lover wild. Choose colors that will compliment the interior design of your bedroom so that there is a romantic flair and consistency that will be very pleasing to the eye.
Of course, everyone’s ideas about romantic bedrooms are very different. What works well for one couple might not work for another. Take the time to think about what will turn your partner on and what will turn you on. If you investigate these personal preferences you’ll have a romantic bedroom in no time.
Using just a few of these Romantic Bedroom Ideas is a way to show your lover how much you care. Romantic doesn’t have to be flowers and lace or satin sheets and slick oils. Romantic rooms are warm and comfortable… and filled with personal items that only the two of you share.